Maybe your spiritual life is going a little too well lately and you’re looking for a way to bring things down a notch or two. Just follow these steps to see your spiritual life quickly erode into a mess:
- Do what you feel like doing. Avoid difficult things. Do what comes naturally.
- Consume vast amounts of media. Watch and listen to whatever you want.
- Harbor resentment, especially towards your family. In your free time, think about the ways they’ve let you down.
- Worry about your stuff. Hoard it all.
- Don’t read the Bible or pray.
- Don’t trust God. Live in fear and worry. Live your life as though Jesus never lived, died, and rose again for you.
Any other steps to recommend?