Tonight, I ventured into a new realm of online ministry as Keri and I kicked off an online small group. We already attend a local group each week, but I wanted to begin providing more connections to those who worship online on our Internet Campus.
Here are a few benefits to meeting online:
- We can meet later in the evening – after the kids have gone to bed.
- You only have to clean the part of your house that will be in the webcam window.
- People outside of Knoxville and Tennesee can meet with us.
Things that were confirmed in just one meeting:
- Meaningful connections can happen online.
- Having the video feed of the other people in the group makes it much easier to connect.
- Tokbox is a fantastic free way to get multiple people in the same room together.
- It’s challenging to get all the webcam microphones working without feedback. A simpler solution is to use a free conference call line.
Thinking about starting an online group? Here’s some extra info.