It seems that our nation has this one figured out pretty well already, but just in case you’ve missed it, here are nine ways to ruin your kids:
- Always expect the worst from your kids. You’ll eventually find out you’re right.
- Give them everything they want. If you’re consistent with this, you’ll trick your children into thinking that the stuff of this world can buy their happiness.
- Don’t discipline your kids. I’m not just talking about spanking here; I’m talking about time out, grounding, and all other forms of discipline.
- Be very cautious about praising your children. You don’t want them to become proud or feel special about themselves. Slowly erode their confidence.
- Show your kids through your words and actions that they are an inconvenience to your life. Dwell on the ways that your life would be different – even better – without them.
- Use guilt and shame to motivate your children to do what you want them to do.
- If you have more than one child, let the kids treat each other with rudeness and disrespect.
- Place the responsibility of socializing your kids on either a) the school system, or b) television. Don’t consider this a personal responsibility.
- Place the responsibility of their spiritual development on either a) the church, or b) let them figure this out on their own. If you’re going to wreck your kids, it’s critical that you not take responsibility here.
Just in case you missed the related posts: